Thursday, March 7, 2013

Friday's Cost Breakdown

Here is the cost breakdown for everything I will be eating Friday.

Breakfast: $0.45
Snack: $0.39
Lunch: $1.87
Dinner: $1.43

Total: $4.14

That's 478 Calories, 7.25g Fat, 89g Carbs, 23g Sugar, 19.5g Protein, and 611mg Sodium per dollar consumed.


This is the most expensive day I will have this week. The $4.14 total is above the $4 average I'm supposed to be spending per day. Seeing as how I'm only averaging less than 75% of that at a rate of $2.90 per day, I'm okay with the extra $0.14. If I was truly concerned, I could skip out on the toast I'll be having with dinner, the two pieces equate to exactly $0.14. I love toast with my beef stew though :-)

I'm right around the averages that I've been keeping "per dollar spent". I've compiled this statistic to show that although I'm trying to eat different foods (Bologna sandwich, hot dogs, ramen noodles, beef stew, pasta, chicken, vegetables, etc.) that all of the foods come with an average of these specific nutritional values per dollar. It's easy to pick out one single food item and say, "Hey you can eat that! It's cheap and healthy!" but when you break it down per day and dollar spent, it's very difficult to escape the reality that at some point during the day, you'll be consuming foods very high in preservatives, sodium, and carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment